Greek lentil soup. Reviews for Photos of Greek Lentil Soup (Fakes). Greek lentil soup (Fakes) – A superfood on your plate. Greek lentil soup (Fakes soup) is one of the most popular winter Greek dishes, and with good reason!
This lentil soup is really tasty and the vinegar added after cooking is what really makes them great. As with most dishes that have a longstanding tradition, each family will add their own twist to their Fakes. We decided to take a more modern adaptation of the dish by. You can have Greek lentil soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Greek lentil soup
- You need 250 g of brown lentils.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 pinch of chilli flakes.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of malt vinegar.
- Prepare of Salt & pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
Greek lentil soup by Greek chef Akis Petretzikis. A quick and easy Greek recipe for a delicious, aromatic hearty and healthy soup with lentils and vegetables! This Greek Lentil soup is called 'Fakes' and it's a staple of traditional Greek cuisine. And its deservingly achieved staple status.
Greek lentil soup step by step
- First, place the lentils in a bowl of water and soak for 10 min..
- Place a medium pot over medium heat and pour in olive oil plus the onions. Cook until softened..
- Add garlic along with tomato paste, stir well and then chuck in lentils, bay leaves, chilli flakes and finally water as much as you need to be covered. Simmer for about 30 minutes in low heat and when ready (should be a thick soup) add extra olive oil and vinegar season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes more..
- Serve with crusty bread, feta cheese, olives or even piquillo peppers (roasted)..
- Enjoy 🤗.
Fakes is served with lots of olive oil(!), red wine vinegar, and. In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, combine the lentils, stock or water, jalapeño, coriander Serve the soup hot, with a lemon slice floating atop each bowl. Pass lemon wedges at the table. Fakes Soupa is authentic Greek lentil soup. Legumes are an important part of the Greek diet, and lentil soup is a filling, warming perennial favorite.