Jackfruit chilli (vegan).
You can cook Jackfruit chilli (vegan) using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jackfruit chilli (vegan)
- You need of Cooking oil.
- You need 1 of small onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of pepper, diced (any colour).
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 can of jackfruit, rinsed and shredded.
- You need 1 of small sweet potato, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 can of tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of pinto beans (or any bean, really!).
- You need 2 tbsp of spices (I used my "Mexican mix" – see separate recipe).
- It’s 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
Jackfruit chilli (vegan) step by step
- Gently fry the onion, garlic and peppers with a little oil in a large pan for about 5 minutes, while you prepare the jackfruit. Stir in the spices and fry for a minute or so..
- Add the prepared jackfruit, stir in and fry for a few more minutes while you prepare the sweet potato and open the tins. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir thoroughly..
- Cover and leave to simmer gently for about half an hour..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.