Vegan Marble Cake.
You can cook Vegan Marble Cake using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Marble Cake
- Prepare 30 g (3 tbsp) of cocoa powder.
- You need 4 tbsp of boiling water.
- You need 120 g of silken tofu (excess liquid drained off).
- You need 200 ml of (1/2+1/3 cup) unsweetened plant-based milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cider or white wine vinegar (or lemon juice).
- Prepare 240 g (2 cups) of plain (all-purpose) flour.
- You need 25 g (2 1/2 tbsp) of cornflour (cornstarch).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 275 g (2 1/3 cups) of icing sugar.
- It’s 120 g (1/2 cup) of vegan block butter (melted).
- You need 45 ml (3 tbsp) of neutral oil (sunflower, vegetable, canola, mild olive).
Vegan Marble Cake instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°fan/350°F/gas mark 4. Grease an approx 11.5 x 21.5 cm / 4.5 x 8.5 in loaf tin (2lb loaf tin) and line with a strip of baking parchment..
- Place the cocoa powder in a large bowl and whisk in the boiling water to make a smooth paste. Set aside..
- Place the silken tofu, milk, vanilla extract and vinegar in a blender and blitz until smooth. (I just put it all in a large jug and use a stick blender)..
- Place the plain flour, cornflour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and sugar in a large bowl and whisk to combine..
- Add the melted butter and oil to the dry ingredients and stir until no dry patches remain..
- Gradually whisk the wet ingredients into the dry to form a smooth batter.
- Measure 500g of the batter (just under half) into the cocoa mixture and stir until smooth..
- Spoon ⅓ of one of the colours into the prepared tin. Spoon ⅓ of the other colour on top (it doesn't have to be neat). Repeat this two more times so you end up with three layers of each colour..
- Drag a skewer or knife through the batter a couple of times to swirl the colours together. Don't go mad here or you will just end up mixing them together rather than swirling; a couple of times is enough..
- Bake the cake for 60-75 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. You can loosely cover the top with tin foil towards the end of baking if it starts to get too dark..
- Leave the cake to cool in the tin for 20 minutes then gently turn it out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely before slicing..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.