Sausages with roasted vegetables in a tomato sauce.
You can cook Sausages with roasted vegetables in a tomato sauce using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sausages with roasted vegetables in a tomato sauce
- Prepare 2 of aubergines.
- It’s 2 of peppers.
- Prepare 6 of sausages.
- It’s 1 of celery stick.
- You need 1 of garlic.
- You need 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of capers.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
Sausages with roasted vegetables in a tomato sauce step by step
- Heat oven to 220oC.
- Cut aubergines in half, then into 5 strips, then into ~2cm cubes.
- Cut the peppers into bite size pieces.
- Add the aubergines and peppers into a bowl with 1tbsp of olive oil. Mix then place on a baking tray. Cook for 20mins.
- Grill the sausages.
- Wash and finely chop the celery. Peel and slice the clove of garlic. Fry with 1tbsp olive oil and pinch salt and pepper.
- Add chopped tomatoes, 1/4 can water, 1/4tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar, the capers, 1tbso white wine vinegar and simmer for 15min.
- When the vegetables and sausages are done add them to the sauce, cutting the sausages into 2cm slices.
- Serve with rice or cuscus.