Beef stew my Greek way.
You can cook Beef stew my Greek way using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef stew my Greek way
- It’s 500 g of beef chunks.
- It’s 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove, diced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white wine.
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2-3 of cloves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- You need 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need of salt & pepper.
Beef stew my Greek way instructions
- Place a medium pot over medium heat and add olive oil. When hot enough add beef chunks and cook until brown on all sides..
- Then, add onions, garlic and oregano. Stirring occasionally until soften. Stir in vinegar and wine..
- Reduce to a gentle simmer. Add in the rest of the ingredients, add water to cover them and cover with a lid..
- Cook about 1 ½ hours, until beef is tender and the stew is thick and creamy. Season again lightly with salt and pepper if needed..
- Serve immediately with rise, mushed potatoes, crispy potatoes or even pasta and of course feta cheese..
- Enjoy 😊.