Mixed Grains & Black Bean Salad.
You can cook Mixed Grains & Black Bean Salad using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mixed Grains & Black Bean Salad
- Prepare 2 cups of (*180ml cup) Mixed Grains *Today I used Medium Grain Brown Rice, Black Rice, Barley, Quinoa and Wild Rice.
- You need 3 cups of (*180ml cup) Water.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Oil.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 1 of Green Capsicum.
- You need 1/4-1/2 of Red Onion *finely chopped.
- You need 1 can (400 g) of Black Beans *rinsed and drained.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Edamame Beans *optional, but recommended.
- Prepare 2-3 of tablespoonfuls chopped Pickled Jalapeño.
- It’s of Dressing.
- Prepare of *Note: You can use your favourite salad dressing instead.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of Lemon Juice OR Vinegar of your choice.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil OR Oil of your choice.
- Prepare 1 of small Garlic *grated.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Sugar.
- Prepare of Salt & Black Pepper.
Mixed Grains & Black Bean Salad step by step
- Wash the mix of Grains, drain, and place in a large sauce pan or rice cooker’s inner pot. Add Water, Oil and Salt. *Note: The amount of Water depends on the types of the grains..
- Cook over low heat until water is gone, OR let the rice cooker to cook. I used my rice cooker’s ‘Brown Rice’ setting. After water is gone, you need to let it steam at least for 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile, prepare other ingredients. Combine all the Dressing ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Season with Salt & Pepper to suit your taste..
- Cut Capsicum into the size of a bean and add to the bowl. Add finely chopped Red Onion, Jalapeño and Beans as well, and mix to combine..
- Add the cooked Grains and mix to combine. You might need to add extra Salt & Pepper..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.