Caramelized Sweet Potatoes & Onions.
You can have Caramelized Sweet Potatoes & Onions using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Caramelized Sweet Potatoes & Onions
- Prepare 1 of large sweet potatoes/yam.
- It’s Half of a yellow/sweet onion.
- You need 3 tbs of butter.
- You need 2 tbs of brown sugar.
Caramelized Sweet Potatoes & Onions step by step
- Melt butter in a large frying pan, and cut up the onion into medium sized pieces. Add the onion to the pan to begin cooking..
- Peel the sweet potato, and cut into thin slices (1/4" or less). Add the slices in an even layer amongst the onions..
- Cook on medium-high heat until potatoes begin cook soft. Flip the onions and potatoes every few minutes to cook both sides..
- Add brown sugar to the pan and mix well, and cook until caramelized..
- Serve with eggs and maybe a glass of apple cider, or cinnamon coffee! Enjoy!!.
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.