Healthy Pho Bo.
You can have Healthy Pho Bo using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy Pho Bo
- You need of Broth.
- It’s 1.5 l of Beef stock (more water later).
- It’s 1 of onion peeled.
- Prepare 1 cup of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 500 g of beef pieces (shin I use).
- Prepare 2 of Garlic Cloves crushed.
- You need 1 tsp of sweetener.
- You need of Toast then add to Stock.
- It’s 2 of halved onions.
- It’s 3 of star anese.
- It’s 3 of crushed garlic cloves.
- Prepare 3 of cloves.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare of Topping.
- It’s of Rice noodles.
- You need of Cabbage (steamed).
- You need of Carrot (sliced and steamed).
- You need of Spinach.
- It’s of Mint.
- Prepare of Spring onion diced.
- It’s of Chilli diced.
- It’s of Lime juice.
Healthy Pho Bo instructions
- Add beef stock cube/pot to 1.5l of cold water. Then add all broth ingredients (except beef), bring to the boil. Boil it for 10 minutes scooping any Scum off the top..
- Add beef and simmer low until beef is cooked through. Remove the beef, blanch in cold water and pop in fridge for later..
- Add onions, Star anese, gloves, garlic and coriander seeds to a pan/tray and pop under the grill until toasted. Should smell amazing. Add to the stock pot and simmer for an hour. Keep removing the Scum and half way top up the water you've removed..
- When cooked, pour it through a muslin cloth to make sure you get a nice, fresh, clear broth. Discard the rest..
- Cook noodles and steam veg. Build your bowl and add broth over the top. I didn't reheat my beef as the broth warmed it up just right. Top with chilli and spring onion..