Port & Berry Game Sauce.
You can cook Port & Berry Game Sauce using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Port & Berry Game Sauce
- It’s 80 g of red currants, black currants and 6-8 blackberries,.
- You need of Port, enough to just cover the berries in a bowl,.
- It’s 2-3 of small sprigs fresh thyme,.
- You need 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar,.
- You need 1/4 of beef stock cube, crumbled into 100ml boiling water,.
- It’s 4 drops of Worcester sauce,.
- You need 1 tsp of runny honey,.
- You need of Salt,.
- You need of White pepper,.
- It’s of Ground black pepper,.
Port & Berry Game Sauce step by step
- Add the berries to a small bowl and pour over the Port. Add in the sprigs of thyme. Leave to soak in the port for 20 mins or so. Heat up a small saucepan over a medium heat. Pour in the berry/port mixture..
- Bring to a gentle simmer. Season with a touch of white pepper and salt. Once the blackberries are heated, gently lift them out of the sauce, and set aside. These will be re-added later. This is so they don't break down as the sauce reduces. Add in the balsamic vinegar, stir through..
- As the sauce reduces down slowly, stir occasionally and add the Worcester sauce and honey. Mix through until well dissolved. Season with black pepper to taste..
- Reduce the sauce down until beautifully glossy. Now add in beef stock 1tbsp at a time whilst stirring it well to loosen it up. You'll probably need to add around 5-6 tbsp worth. Just keep adding a little stock, allow it to reduce a little, then add some more. Here I like to stir in some of the cooking juices from the meat, to add extra flavour, but this is optional..
- Leave on a very low heat until ready to serve. When ready to serve carefully remove the sprigs of thyme and drizzle over your dish then re-add the blackberries to the plate. These add little bursts of tart sweetness. Enjoy! :).
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.