French onion dip. French onion dip or California dip is an American dip typically made with a base of sour cream and flavored with minced onion, and usually served with potato chips as chips and dip. French Onion Dip made from scratch will knock your socks off. It's worth making because you will But if you want a French Onion Dip that's elevated to incredible status, make this Homemade.
How to Make French Onion Dip. French onion dip is a crowd-pleasing dip made from sour cream, mayonnaise, caramelized onions, garlic, chives and parsley. It's creamy, full of herbs and guaranteed to get devoured pretty darn fast. You can cook French onion dip using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of French onion dip
- You need 1 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of onions finely diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of beef broth.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream can add more if desire (good quality with fewest ingredients).
- It’s 8 oz of cream cheese softened.
- It’s 1/4 cup of mayonnaise I use Dukes.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of onion powder I used toasted onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder I used roasted garlic powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of parsley.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of celery seeds.
- You need pinch of sugar.
- It’s of salt & pepper.
This delicious homemade French Onion Dip requires only sour cream, dried minced onion, and seasoning to make this flavorful appetizer dip! If you don't have French onion soup mix on hand. This French onion dip recipe is creamy, tangy, addictive, and delicious! Filled with rich flavor from caramelized onions, it's the This homemade French onion dip puts the store bought kind to shame!
French onion dip instructions
- In a large skillet, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until semi-translucent (reduce heat if needed to prevent burning).
- Add beef broth and continue cooking until onions absorb the broth and they are tender and caramelized. Remove from heat and let onions cool..
- Meanwhile, mix together sour cream, cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth and creamy. Stir in cooled onions. Add remaining spices..
- Taste mixture and adjust spices to your liking. Remember though, flavor will intensify greatly as it sits so be careful not to over season. Add a few pinches of salt and pepper, to your liking, being sure to after each addition. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, stir and garnish with chives and parsely Serve with chips or vegetables..
Homemade French Onion Dip Recipe with caramelized onions for serving with potato chips. How would you rate French Onion Dip? Onions: We'll use yellow or white onions, caramelizing them with oil and a pinch of salt until deeply golden and delicious. Garlic: It's about to be allium overload! Fresh onions cook down to give this dip the sweetest flavor, far superior to any powdered soup mix French onion dip.