Homemade Chicken and Mushroom Soup.
You can cook Homemade Chicken and Mushroom Soup using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Chicken and Mushroom Soup
- You need of chicken thighs.
- It’s of chicken broth or stock,.
- You need of small celery stalk, sliced.
- It’s of big chestnut mushrooms, sliced or diced.
- Prepare of spring onion, sliced.
- It’s of medium carrot, sliced.
- It’s of garlic clove, diced.
- It’s of Ground black pepper to taste.
- It’s of Salt to taste.
- It’s of dried thyme.
- It’s of olive oil.
- Prepare of butter.
- Prepare of creme fraiche.
- Prepare of flour.
Homemade Chicken and Mushroom Soup instructions
- Heat the olive and butter over medium to low heat..
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft..
- Add the chicken pieces, celery and carrot. Cook until the chicken is almost cooked..
- Add the mushrooms and cook stirring occasionally for another 5-8 minutes..
- Mix in the flour then add the stock and thyme..
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Cover with lid and cook for 25-30 minutes on low until the vegetables are really soft..
- Season with salt and pepper..
- Turn the heat off. Add the creme fraiche. If the soup has thicken too much add a small splash of water..
- It can either be eaten as it is or blended..
- I blended my soup and omitted the salt as it was made for a toddler and a baby's dinner and served it with toasty buttery rolls..