Mexican Pickled Onions.
You can have Mexican Pickled Onions using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mexican Pickled Onions
- Prepare of Large red onion (thinly sliced).
- You need 1/2 tsp of coarsely ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of coarsely ground cumin seed.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 3-5 cloves of garlic (halved or sliced).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fresh thyme leaves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of cider vinegar.
Mexican Pickled Onions step by step
- Thinly slice your red onions then add them to a glass container. (I use a recycle pickle jar or a pint mason jar).
- Quickly blanch the red onions in boiling water for 10 seconds. Strain quickly..
- With a mortar and pestle coarsely grind the pepper corns and cumin seeds.
- Measure 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar and add all of your other ingredients (except the onions).
- Pour in the cider vinegar mixture over your onions. Pop in the garlic..
- Fill the rest of the container with cold water..
- Let sit for at least 3 hours..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.