Homemade Chicken and Mushroom Soup.
You can cook Homemade Chicken and Mushroom Soup using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Chicken and Mushroom Soup
- It’s 2 of chicken thighs.
- You need 500 ml of chicken broth or stock,.
- You need 1 of small celery stalk, sliced.
- Prepare 4 of big chestnut mushrooms, sliced or diced.
- It’s 1 of spring onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot, sliced.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove, diced.
- It’s of Ground black pepper to taste.
- Prepare of Salt to taste.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of creme fraiche.
- You need 2 tsp of flour.
Homemade Chicken and Mushroom Soup step by step
- Heat the olive and butter over medium to low heat..
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft..
- Add the chicken pieces, celery and carrot. Cook until the chicken is almost cooked..
- Add the mushrooms and cook stirring occasionally for another 5-8 minutes..
- Mix in the flour then add the stock and thyme..
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Cover with lid and cook for 25-30 minutes on low until the vegetables are really soft..
- Season with salt and pepper..
- Turn the heat off. Add the creme fraiche. If the soup has thicken too much add a small splash of water..
- It can either be eaten as it is or blended..
- I blended my soup and omitted the salt as it was made for a toddler and a baby's dinner and served it with toasty buttery rolls..