You can cook Pumpkin Risotto using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Risotto
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cut into bite-sizes.
- Prepare of dried oregano.
- Prepare of butter.
- You need of red onion, chopped.
- You need of onion, chopped.
- You need of spring onions, in small pieces.
- Prepare of garlic, sliced.
- It’s of chestnut mushrooms, sliced.
- You need of dried sage.
- It’s of ground cumin.
- You need of carnaroli rice.
- It’s of dry white wine.
- It’s of stock (chicken or vegetable would be normal but I used some freshly- made ham stock).
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese, grated.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Ground black pepper.
- You need of drizzle truffle oil per serving.
Pumpkin Risotto instructions
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 5 or electric equivalent (Circotherm 160C).
- Drizzle olive oil onto a baking tray, add the pumpkin pieces, drizzle on a little more olive oil and sprinkle over the oregano. Cook in the oven for 40-45 minutes, until the pumpkin is softened. Then remove from oven..
- Meanwhile and starting about 15 minutes after step 2, in a large pan, bring the remaining oil and 30 g butter to a medium-high heat. Fry the onions for 2 minutes, stirring only to avoid sticking..
- Add the garlic, mushrooms and sage, occasionally gently stirring, and cook for a further 3 minutes or until the onions are softened but not burnt..
- Stir in the cumin, then add the rice, stirring gently but thoroughly. Add the wine gradually, stirring until it’s absorbed. Then progressively add the stock, a little at a time and stirring gently but continuously until all the liquid is absorbed. This might well take 20 minutes..
- Season to taste and add the remainder of the butter, then stir in the cheese followed by the pumpkin. Stir gently. If, but only if, the mixture is looking dry, add a little more stock..
- Serve onto warmed plates or pasta dishes and drizzle a little truffle oil onto each dish..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.