Wagyu Burgers with Onion Confit and Sautéed Mushroom.
You can have Wagyu Burgers with Onion Confit and Sautéed Mushroom using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Wagyu Burgers with Onion Confit and Sautéed Mushroom
- It’s of For the Onion Confit.
- It’s 150 g of white onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s 30 g of unsalted butter.
- You need pinch of salt to taste.
- You need of For the Sautéed Mushroom.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 150 g of mushroom.
- It’s pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare of For the Wagyu Patties.
- You need 300 g of Wagyu beef or any high marbled cut.
- Prepare 3 g of salt.
- Prepare of Other Ingredients.
- It’s 2 of burger buns, halved (see recipe).
- You need 2 tsp of mayonnaise, ketchup or mustard, your choice!.
- Prepare 2 of lettuce leaves.
- Prepare 2 of large pickles, sliced.
- It’s 2 slices of American orange cheese.
Wagyu Burgers with Onion Confit and Sautéed Mushroom instructions
- Onion Confit: in a sauce pan, melt the butter on low heat. Add onion slices. Lightly salt the onion to help them sweat. Stir often until dark brown but not too brown, around 30-40 minutes. Check often and add 1 tbsp water if the bottom of the pan is sticky. Remove from heat and set aside..
- Sautéed Mushroom: bring a sauce pan on high heat with olive oil. When the oil is hot, add mushroom and salt. Cook it for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Remove from heat. Sprinkle pepper on top and set aside..
- Wagyu Patties: mix the meat and salt together and form two 150 g balls. Flatten it with a spatula. Heat up a frying pan on high heat. If your patties are highly marbled, no need to add fat. If your patties are leaner, add oil to the pan first and when it is hot, add butter. Fry one side of the patties on high heat until golden brown. Flip the other side on medium heat and cook until your desired doneness. Put the cheese slices on top of the patties until slightly melted..
- Using the same frying pan, quickly toast bun halves on patties fat until light brown on the bottom..
- Now onto assembling the bad boys: spread your choice of sauce on all of the bun halves. Spoon the onion confit and sautéed mushroom on the bottom bun. Carefully place the patties with slightly melted cheese on top. Layer with sliced pickles and lettuce. Slightly press down with the top bun and congrats, you've just made yourself a 'gourmet' burger at home!.