Hearty & Healthy Lentil Stew.
You can cook Hearty & Healthy Lentil Stew using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hearty & Healthy Lentil Stew
- You need 3 Sticks of Celery.
- Prepare 3 of Large Carrots.
- It’s 2 of Medium Onions.
- Prepare 2 of Large Leeks.
- Prepare 2 of Medium Parsnips.
- It’s 1/2 of Swede.
- Prepare 1 of Bulb Garlic (adjust according to preference, I LOVE garlic).
- You need 2 of Chicken or Vegetable Stock Cubes.
- It’s 4 pints of water.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Red Lentils.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt (adjust according to own preference).
Hearty & Healthy Lentil Stew step by step
- Chop all veg (rough chunks).
- Put into a slow cooker or crock pot.
- Add Stock.
- Stew until all veg is soft through (I usually cook mine in a large slow cooker, over night on a medium heat).
- Assess the amount of liquid that remains after the vegetables have cooked. It may be that you might need to add stock or reduce/add extra lentils..
- Add dry lentils and allow to cool further until lentils are soft and stew has a firmer mushy appearance..
- Serve in a bowl and enjoy the veggie goodness!.
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.