Hot & Sour Soup with Chicken.
You can have Hot & Sour Soup with Chicken using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hot & Sour Soup with Chicken
- It’s 1 tsp of Toasted Sesame oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Brown Sugar.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Carrot Julienned.
- You need 1 Cup of Mushrooms sliced, shittake/ Brown or White.
- Prepare 2 of Small chicken breasts cut into thin strips (optional).
- Prepare 3 Cups of chicken stock or veg stock.
- It’s 2 of ozil Tofu firm cubed/sliced.
- You need 2 sprigs of green onion and scallion chopped finely.
- Prepare 5 oz of can Bamboo shoots sliced.
- Prepare 3 of Garlic cloves minced.
- You need 2 tsp of Ginger finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbls of rice wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbls of Sriracha hot chilli.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 2 tbls of Soy sauce light.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Chilli garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 of Chicken stock cube.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup cold water.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs Lightly beaten.
Hot & Sour Soup with Chicken instructions
- Ingredients. Have these ready..
- In a large saucepan add the sesame oil and when hot add the ginger and Garlic fry for 1 min then add the carrots and fry a little longer.
- Add the Stock, sauces, pepper powder, mushrooms, scallions, chicken stock cube and bamboo shoots sliced, cook stirring..
- Add the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar brown sugar and chicken dried cube all except cornflour, tofu and eggs.
- Once the soup comes to the boil. Add the sliced thin strips of chicken simmer for 15 – 20 minutes stirring occasionally. (if your using chicken).
- Next add the cornstarch slurry and stir to mix, cook for 5 minutes further add the Tofu pieces and stir once..
- Add the eggs in a single slow stream and continuously stir the soup..
- Serve with spring chopped onion to garnish and some greens and some prawn Crackers on the side to dip..