Hot & Sour Soup with Chicken.
You can have Hot & Sour Soup with Chicken using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hot & Sour Soup with Chicken
- It’s 1 tsp of Toasted Sesame oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Brown Sugar.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Carrot Julienned.
- You need 1 Cup of Mushrooms sliced, shittake/ Brown or White.
- Prepare 2 of Small chicken breasts cut into thin strips (optional).
- Prepare 3 Cups of chicken stock or veg stock.
- It’s 2 of ozil Tofu firm cubed/sliced.
- You need 2 sprigs of green onion and scallion chopped finely.
- Prepare 5 oz of can Bamboo shoots sliced.
- Prepare 3 of Garlic cloves minced.
- You need 2 tsp of Ginger finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbls of rice wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbls of Sriracha hot chilli.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 2 tbls of Soy sauce light.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Chilli garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 of Chicken stock cube.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup cold water.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs Lightly beaten.
Hot & Sour Soup with Chicken instructions
- Ingredients. Have these ready..
- In a large saucepan add the sesame oil and when hot add the ginger and Garlic fry for 1 min then add the carrots and fry a little longer.
- Add the Stock, sauces, pepper powder, mushrooms, scallions, chicken stock cube and bamboo shoots sliced, cook stirring..
- Add the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar brown sugar and chicken dried cube all except cornflour, tofu and eggs.
- Once the soup comes to the boil. Add the sliced thin strips of chicken simmer for 15 – 20 minutes stirring occasionally. (if your using chicken).
- Next add the cornstarch slurry and stir to mix, cook for 5 minutes further add the Tofu pieces and stir once..
- Add the eggs in a single slow stream and continuously stir the soup..
- Serve with spring chopped onion to garnish and some greens and some prawn Crackers on the side to dip..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.