Red Cabbage Okonomiyaki.
You can have Red Cabbage Okonomiyaki using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red Cabbage Okonomiyaki
- It’s of *Note: This recipe is for making two Okonomiyaki in two different colours, Purple and Blue/Green.
- You need 1/6 (250 g) of Red Cabbage *thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Vinegar for Purple coloured pancake.
- It’s 1/8-1/6 teaspoon of Bi-carb Soda for Blue/Green coloured pancake.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need 2 of ｘ 1/2 cup Plain Flour.
- It’s 2 of ｘ 1/3 cup Water.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- You need of Additional Protein *e.g. Ham, Sausages, Prawns, etc.
- Prepare of Oil for cooking.
- Prepare of Okonomiyaki Sauce.
- You need of Japanese Mayonnaise.
- Prepare of Aonori (Dried Green Laver Flakes) *optional.
Red Cabbage Okonomiyaki instructions
- Thinly slice Red Cabbage. Divide in half and place in 2 mixing bowls..
- Bowl 1: This portion is for Purple colour. You need a little bit of Vinegar to keep purple colour. Add 1 pinch Salt and 1/2 teaspoon Vinegar, mix well, and set aside..
- Bowl 2: This portion is for Blue/Green colour. Don’t worry! It tastes the same. Add 1 pinch Salt and 1/8 to 1/6 teaspoon Bi-carb Soda, mix well, and set aside..
- Add 1/2 cup Plain Flour, 1/3 cup Water, 1 Egg and additional Protein to each bowl. Mix to combine..
- Oil a frying pan, pour one of the mixtures to form a pancake. When the edge of the pancake has set, flip the pancake over, and cook for 2 or 3 minutes until cooked through. You may flip over a few times while cooking..
- Place the pancake on a serving plate, and dress with Okonomiyaki Sauce and Japanese Mayonnaise. Sprinkle with Aonori (Dried Green Laver Flakes) if you have it..
- Repeat with the other mixture..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.