McPhee's Chinese Beef Chow Mein.
You can cook McPhee's Chinese Beef Chow Mein using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of McPhee's Chinese Beef Chow Mein
- Prepare 800 g of Egg Noodles.
- It’s 500 g of lean Beef Sirloin steak.
- Prepare 10 of chestnut/button mushrooms – (peeled, sliced).
- You need 3-6 of Spring Onions (trimmed, cut into eye effect 2 cm pieces.
- Prepare 3 of mixed bell peppers, (cut into julienne).
- You need 400 g of Sugar snap peas.
- It’s 3-6 of Cabbage Leaves (Thinly sliced).
- It’s 400 g of Sugar snap peas.
- You need 2 of small carrots (cut in julienne).
- It’s 8 of garlic cloves – (crushed).
- Prepare 400 g of Beansprouts.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s of For The Chow Mein Sauce Mix.
- You need 4 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 4 tsp of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of Chow Mein sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Rice Vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of White Pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of sweet teriyaki sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of cornflour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chinese Five Spice.
McPhee's Chinese Beef Chow Mein step by step
- If you're using dried egg noodles cook them as the instructions on the package. Heat 1-2 tablespoons of sesame oil in a pan on medium/high heat. place the cooked noodles into the hot pan with the oil and mix though. set aside..
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small mixing bowl and set aside..
- Prepare the beef steak by trimming off any excess fat on the meat and cut into 2 cm thick slices. After that, place the beef strips into the Chow Mein sauce, cover it up on top in the container and sit it in the refridgerator to marinate for 10-15 but for better flavour you should marinate the beef in the refridegerator for two – six hours..
- While the beef is marinating in the refridgerator, Prepare all of the vegtables by wash and cut as explained beside each veg ingredent.
- Once all of the veg and beef prepared, Heat the wok or pan over medium-high heat with 4 tablespoons of vegtable oil, Add the sliced and marinated beef. Flatten the beef and sear for 3-5 minutes and continue stir fry for another 1-2 minutes until fully browned and cooked..
- Remove the beef from the pan onto a plate. add the crushed garlic in the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until soften. add the carrots first, cook them for 4-5 minutes. Add the onions and pepper and then mix through, cook them for 3-5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and sugar snap peas, continue cooking 3-5 minutes until soften..
- Add the cooked sliced beef, Beansprouts and spring onions in pan, stir through and continue cooking the beansprouts and spring onions for 2-3 minutes..
- Add the egg noodles and the Chow Mein sauce, stir through and allow the sauce to cook and reduce by a third of the liquid. Make sure that chow Mein is piping hot or above 75oC..
- Optional Presentation tip: When your Beef Chow Mein is ready, plated it up and place some prawns crackers around the mountain of chow mein and place some long length cut spring onions on top for decoration on the plate. Enjoy :).
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.