Sautéed French Bean & Mushroom Sandwich.
You can cook Sautéed French Bean & Mushroom Sandwich using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sautéed French Bean & Mushroom Sandwich
- It’s 6 of French beans, trimmed and diagonally cut into bite-sized pieces.
- You need 1 tsp of vegetable oil, preferably cold-pressed.
- It’s 1/4 of red onion, sliced.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of chestnut mushroom, sliced.
- It’s 2 slices of bread, granary or white.
- You need of Very small pinch sea salt.
Sautéed French Bean & Mushroom Sandwich instructions
- Blanch the beans in just sufficient salted, boiling water to cover them for 2 minutes. Drain and plunge into a bowl of iced water and set aside for Step 3. Hint: in order to avoid the beans over-cooking, ensure that you’ve the ice water ready before you do the blanching..
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onion for 2 minutes, only stirring to avoid sticking. Add the garlic and mushroom, then cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring gently..
- Add the beans (after draining off the iced water!) and stir gently but thoroughly. Continue to sauté for a further 2 minutes or until the beans look ready..
- Put the sautéed vegetables onto one slice of bread and sparingly sprinkle on the sea salt. Top with the second bread slice. Cut into halves or quarters, as you prefer..