Sautéed French Bean & Mushroom Sandwich.
You can cook Sautéed French Bean & Mushroom Sandwich using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sautéed French Bean & Mushroom Sandwich
- It’s 6 of French beans, trimmed and diagonally cut into bite-sized pieces.
- You need 1 tsp of vegetable oil, preferably cold-pressed.
- It’s 1/4 of red onion, sliced.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of chestnut mushroom, sliced.
- It’s 2 slices of bread, granary or white.
- You need of Very small pinch sea salt.
Sautéed French Bean & Mushroom Sandwich instructions
- Blanch the beans in just sufficient salted, boiling water to cover them for 2 minutes. Drain and plunge into a bowl of iced water and set aside for Step 3. Hint: in order to avoid the beans over-cooking, ensure that you’ve the ice water ready before you do the blanching..
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onion for 2 minutes, only stirring to avoid sticking. Add the garlic and mushroom, then cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring gently..
- Add the beans (after draining off the iced water!) and stir gently but thoroughly. Continue to sauté for a further 2 minutes or until the beans look ready..
- Put the sautéed vegetables onto one slice of bread and sparingly sprinkle on the sea salt. Top with the second bread slice. Cut into halves or quarters, as you prefer..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.