McPhee's Creamy Seafood Risotto.
You can have McPhee's Creamy Seafood Risotto using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of McPhee's Creamy Seafood Risotto
- You need 1000 g of Fish Stock and 50g extra for fish lemon mix.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter (Divided).
- It’s 50 g of Shallots – (peeled and finely diced).
- Prepare 250 g of Risotto Rice.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic – (Minced).
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of White Wine Vinegar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of finely grated lemon zest.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 250 g of Sea Scallops (quartered) – (plus 12 wholed for garnish).
- You need 250 g of Prawns – (plus 12 for garnish).
- You need 250 g of cooked Mussels – (plus 12 for garnish).
- It’s 186 g of grated Parmesan Cheese – (plus extra for serving).
- Prepare 62 g of Double Cream.
- You need 2 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chopped chives – (For garnish).
McPhee's Creamy Seafood Risotto step by step
- Put the seafood stock in a saucepan and bring to a low simmer. Keep warm.
- Melt two tablespoons of unsalted butter in a large saucepan or saute pan over medium heat. Then add the shallots and cook for about 4-5 minutes until they are softened..
- Once the diced shallots had softened. Add the risotto rice and garlic into the shallots and cook, stirring, for 1 minute..
- Add the wine and contine to cook, stirring, until it is completely absorbed..
- Add 250ml of the 1000ml of seafood stock and contine to cook, stirring constantly, until it is nearly absorbed. Continue adding stock a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly until each addition is nearly absorbed. When the rice is al dente and creamy, taste and then add the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper..
- Add the scallops and prawns to the rice mixture. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes, or until the seafood is cooked. Add the cooked mussels, Parmesan Cheese, double cream, parsley and the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. cook, stirring until piping hot..
- Divid and plate up the seafood risotto into deep bowls and enjoy :).
- Presention tips: Melt one teaspoon of butter on medium- high heat. Add the wholed scallops, prawns and mussels, add seasoning, cook for 3-4 minutes until caramelised brown. Then garnish the caramelised seafood, parmesan cheese, parsley and chives on top..