Mushroom and celeriac burgers.
You can cook Mushroom and celeriac burgers using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mushroom and celeriac burgers
- You need 1 of celeriac.
- It’s 200 g of mixed mushrooms.
- Prepare 15 g of dried mushrooms.
- You need 1 of red onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh thyme leaves.
- You need of Zest of 1 lemon.
- It’s 2 handfuls of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 handful of Parmesan.
- You need 1/2 tsp of grated nutmeg.
- You need 1 of egg.
Mushroom and celeriac burgers step by step
- Preheat the over to 180 degrees. Peel and chop the celeriac into large cubes. Coat with olive oil, season and roast for 30 mins until soft..
- Meanwhile soak the dried mushrooms in hot water.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and fry in olive oil over a medium to low heat until soft – don’t burn. Stir through the thyme and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, seasoning to the same bowl..
- Drain the dried mushrooms. Return the pan to the heat and fry the mushrooms over a medium / high heat until cooked. Note- they should start to release liquid..
- Once cooked, transfer the mushrooms to a board and chop roughly. Then add them to the mixing bowl with the nutmeg..
- Remove the celeriac from the oven and mash roughly with a potato masher. Then transfer to the mixing bowl. Leave the oven on..
- Finally, add a handful of Parmesan cheese and one egg. Mix everything together and form into 4 patties. Then heat a tbsp olive oil in a pan over a medium heat and fry the patties for two minutes on the each side, until brown..
- Remove from the pan, transfer to a baking tray and cook in the over for 20 minutes. Then serve..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.