Mushroom and celeriac burgers.
You can cook Mushroom and celeriac burgers using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mushroom and celeriac burgers
- You need 1 of celeriac.
- It’s 200 g of mixed mushrooms.
- Prepare 15 g of dried mushrooms.
- You need 1 of red onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh thyme leaves.
- You need of Zest of 1 lemon.
- It’s 2 handfuls of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 handful of Parmesan.
- You need 1/2 tsp of grated nutmeg.
- You need 1 of egg.
Mushroom and celeriac burgers step by step
- Preheat the over to 180 degrees. Peel and chop the celeriac into large cubes. Coat with olive oil, season and roast for 30 mins until soft..
- Meanwhile soak the dried mushrooms in hot water.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and fry in olive oil over a medium to low heat until soft – don’t burn. Stir through the thyme and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, seasoning to the same bowl..
- Drain the dried mushrooms. Return the pan to the heat and fry the mushrooms over a medium / high heat until cooked. Note- they should start to release liquid..
- Once cooked, transfer the mushrooms to a board and chop roughly. Then add them to the mixing bowl with the nutmeg..
- Remove the celeriac from the oven and mash roughly with a potato masher. Then transfer to the mixing bowl. Leave the oven on..
- Finally, add a handful of Parmesan cheese and one egg. Mix everything together and form into 4 patties. Then heat a tbsp olive oil in a pan over a medium heat and fry the patties for two minutes on the each side, until brown..
- Remove from the pan, transfer to a baking tray and cook in the over for 20 minutes. Then serve..