Bacon Wrapped Chipotle Chicken Breast.
You can have Bacon Wrapped Chipotle Chicken Breast using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon Wrapped Chipotle Chicken Breast
- You need 2 of chicken breast; boneless, skinless.
- It’s 4 slice of wood smoked bacon.
- It’s 6 oz of chipotle salsa.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh thyme; minced.
- You need 1 slice of bacon; diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow or red onion; minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 clove of garlic; minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of liquid smoke.
- You need 4 of dried chipotle peppers.
- You need 1 tbsp of Worcestershire.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
Bacon Wrapped Chipotle Chicken Breast step by step
- Marinate chicken breasts in the chipotle salsa for 4-48 hours if time permits..
- Cover dried peppers with just enough boiling water to cover. Cover and steam for 5-10 minutes.
- Pat chicken dry. Put a small amount of vegetable oil on the chicken. Wrap each breast with two slices of bacon. Season with the dried spices and thyme..
- Slowly render the fat from the diced bacon in a small saute pan and remove the crisped bacon..
- Rub the bell pepper with vegetable oil. Place directly on stovetop burner and roast until completely blackened on each side. Place inside a mixing bowl and cover with foil or plastic wrap. Let steam for 5 minutes..
- Add onions and sweat until caramelized. Add garlic and cook until fragrant..
- Pulse bell pepper, onions, dried peppers, and wet ingredients into a loose paste. Slowly pour the olive oil while blades are spinning. Adjust taste with sugar, salt, and pepper..
- Roast at 350° for approximately 35 minutes. Place chicken under broiler very briefly to crisp bacon if necessary. Spread the paste on the chicken during the last ten minutes of cooking..
- Variations; brown sugar, bourbon, tequila, cilantro, mustard, maple, agave, cheddar, smoked gouda, goat cheese, cotija, Chihuahua, adobo, cumin, applewood seasoning.