Bacon Wrapped Chipotle Chicken Breast.
You can have Bacon Wrapped Chipotle Chicken Breast using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon Wrapped Chipotle Chicken Breast
- You need 2 of chicken breast; boneless, skinless.
- It’s 4 slice of wood smoked bacon.
- It’s 6 oz of chipotle salsa.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh thyme; minced.
- You need 1 slice of bacon; diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow or red onion; minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 clove of garlic; minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of liquid smoke.
- You need 4 of dried chipotle peppers.
- You need 1 tbsp of Worcestershire.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
Bacon Wrapped Chipotle Chicken Breast step by step
- Marinate chicken breasts in the chipotle salsa for 4-48 hours if time permits..
- Cover dried peppers with just enough boiling water to cover. Cover and steam for 5-10 minutes.
- Pat chicken dry. Put a small amount of vegetable oil on the chicken. Wrap each breast with two slices of bacon. Season with the dried spices and thyme..
- Slowly render the fat from the diced bacon in a small saute pan and remove the crisped bacon..
- Rub the bell pepper with vegetable oil. Place directly on stovetop burner and roast until completely blackened on each side. Place inside a mixing bowl and cover with foil or plastic wrap. Let steam for 5 minutes..
- Add onions and sweat until caramelized. Add garlic and cook until fragrant..
- Pulse bell pepper, onions, dried peppers, and wet ingredients into a loose paste. Slowly pour the olive oil while blades are spinning. Adjust taste with sugar, salt, and pepper..
- Roast at 350° for approximately 35 minutes. Place chicken under broiler very briefly to crisp bacon if necessary. Spread the paste on the chicken during the last ten minutes of cooking..
- Variations; brown sugar, bourbon, tequila, cilantro, mustard, maple, agave, cheddar, smoked gouda, goat cheese, cotija, Chihuahua, adobo, cumin, applewood seasoning.
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.