McPhee's Saute Pork Loin and Mushroom Pasta.
You can cook McPhee's Saute Pork Loin and Mushroom Pasta using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of McPhee's Saute Pork Loin and Mushroom Pasta
- You need 905 g of Pork Loin Chops – (fat removed and chunky diced).
- It’s 250 g of Plain Flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Onion Powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Smoked Paprika.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of For The Sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Unsalted Butter.
- Prepare 1 of Large Onion – (Peeled and sliced lenghtways).
- It’s 450 g of Button Mushrooms or any mushrooms – Washed, peeled, sliced.
- It’s 2 of Garlic cloves – (chopped).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Corn Flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of White Wine Vinegar.
- You need 250 g of Chicken Stock – (65g extra for white wine vinegar mix).
- Prepare 80 g of Double Cream.
- It’s of Salt and Pepper – (To taste).
- Prepare 20 g of Fresh Chives – (extra for garnish).
- You need 500 g of Pasta – (any pasta you wish to use).
McPhee's Saute Pork Loin and Mushroom Pasta step by step
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package, drain, refresh with cook water (to stop the pasta from cooking further). set aside..
- Trim off excess fat and discard, Slice the pork loin chops in chunky pieces, about 1-inch thick..
- On a large container or in a zip lock bag (easier to toss out), mix the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and salt/pepper..
- Next rub the pork loin pieces into the seasoned flour..
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Place the floured pork into the oil and sear them for 6-8 minutes until golden brown. Remove the seared pork from the pan and place in a container and keep warm..
- Reduce the heat to medium, add a tablespoon of butter and a little drop of olive oil. Add sliced onion, garlic and mushrooms to the pan. Saute until mushrooms are browned, garlic softened and onions caramelised..
- Then Add 2 tablespoons of cornflour and mix well..
- Add the white wine vinegar and the chicken stock, scrap up all of the browned/caramilised bits in the bottom of the pan..
- Stir in the double cream. Return the cooked pork to the pan and simmer for 1-2 minutes until the sauce is thickened..
- Taste and Fix the seasoning with salt and pepper (if necessary).
- Finally Add the cooked pasta and fresh chives to the pan, mix throughly and simmer for 1-2 minutes until piping hot..
- Plate up and garnish the dish with chopped chives. Enjoy :).