Mushroom, spinach and chestnuts on toast.
You can cook Mushroom, spinach and chestnuts on toast using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mushroom, spinach and chestnuts on toast
- You need 1/2 of red onion finely sliced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic really finely chopped.
- It’s 200 g of mushrooms (2/3 finely chopped & 1/3 finely sliced).
- It’s 1 of generous splash red wine.
- You need 50 g of cooked chestnuts crushed.
- Prepare of Large handful spinach.
- You need 1 tbsp of creme fraiche.
- Prepare 2 slices of sourdough toasted.
- Prepare of Seasoning and oil for frying.
- Prepare of Finely chopped fresh basil (parsley or oregano would work well too).
Mushroom, spinach and chestnuts on toast step by step
- Add a splash of oil to a pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and fry until soft (don’t let them burn).
- Next add a little seasoning And the crushed chestnuts and fry for another minute. Then turn up the heat to high and add a good lug of red wine and cook until the liquid has gone. Turn down the heat back to medium..
- Add the mushrooms and fry until soft. Then add the spinach. Once wilted, add the chopped basil, seasoning and creme fraiche. Toast the sourdough and serve..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.