Mushroom, spinach and chestnuts on toast.
You can cook Mushroom, spinach and chestnuts on toast using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mushroom, spinach and chestnuts on toast
- You need 1/2 of red onion finely sliced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic really finely chopped.
- It’s 200 g of mushrooms (2/3 finely chopped & 1/3 finely sliced).
- It’s 1 of generous splash red wine.
- You need 50 g of cooked chestnuts crushed.
- Prepare of Large handful spinach.
- You need 1 tbsp of creme fraiche.
- Prepare 2 slices of sourdough toasted.
- Prepare of Seasoning and oil for frying.
- Prepare of Finely chopped fresh basil (parsley or oregano would work well too).
Mushroom, spinach and chestnuts on toast step by step
- Add a splash of oil to a pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and fry until soft (don’t let them burn).
- Next add a little seasoning And the crushed chestnuts and fry for another minute. Then turn up the heat to high and add a good lug of red wine and cook until the liquid has gone. Turn down the heat back to medium..
- Add the mushrooms and fry until soft. Then add the spinach. Once wilted, add the chopped basil, seasoning and creme fraiche. Toast the sourdough and serve..