Brad's baked brie w/ caramelized onion chutney. See recipes for Brad's baked brie w/ caramelized onion chutney too. small brie wheels•Drizzle of olive oil•Dusting of cinnamon and nutmeg•lg onion, diced•olive oil•jalapeño, seeded and minced•minced garlic•red wine vinegar. Top Brie evenly with onion mixture. Transfer Brie in box to platter.
Garnish with roasted garlic and candied walnuts. Reviews for Photos of Baked Brie with Caramelized Onions. Brie with caramelized onions, nuts and cranberry – a great spread to serve with crackers. You can cook Brad's baked brie w/ caramelized onion chutney using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's baked brie w/ caramelized onion chutney
- Prepare 2 of small brie wheels.
- Prepare of Drizzle of olive oil.
- It’s of Dusting of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- It’s of For the chutney.
- You need 1 of lg onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 1 of jalapeño, seeded and minced.
- It’s 1 tbs of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tbs of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbs of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1 oz of coconut rum.
- It’s 4 of heaping tbsp apricot pineapple marmalade.
- Prepare of Toppings.
- Prepare of Crushed pecans.
Delicious anytime, this makes an especially nice holiday appetizer because of the reds and greens. Baked brie is oozy, luscious, cheese lovin'. I'm fairly convinced that God has a section of it in heaven awaiting my arrival. For that reason alone, I'm on my best behavior at all times…well Let's make us some baked brie and enrobe it with the sweet-savory deliciousness that is caramelized onion.
Brad's baked brie w/ caramelized onion chutney step by step
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place brie wheels on foil. Drizzle with olive oil. Flip wheels and dredge other side in oil to coat both sides. Dust wheels lightly with cinnamon and nutmeg..
- Add onion and olive oil to a lg frying pan. Saute on medium low heat to caramelize the onions. This takes a long time. Stir every fresh minutes..
- When onions start to caramelize, add jalapeño, garlic, and sugar. Saute until onions finish caramelizing..
- Turn heat to medium high and add vinegar. Stir constantly until most of the moisture evaporates..
- Add the rum. After a few seconds flambe the mixture. Let the flames extinguish naturally. Keep on heat until most of the liquid evaporates again..
- Turn heat to low and add the marmalade. Stir until well combined..
- Cheese will be done when it starts to leak out of the encasement. Add chutney on top of cheese and Sprinkle with chopped pecans. serve with crackers, crusty sourdough, or biscotti. Enjoy..
Unwrap Brie, reserving bottom of wooden box. Cut away only top rind of cheese, leaving rind on sides and bottom intact. Return Brie to box, rind side down. Top Brie evenly with onion mixture. Transfer Brie in box in platter.