Vegan stuffed peppers and mushrooms. Italian Vegan Stuffed Peppers features a colorful mix of veggies, flavorful herbs and protein rich tempeh for a hearty and delicious lunch, dinner or meal prep idea! Vegetables: Zucchini, squash and mushrooms are a perfect mix of veggies. Feel free to add a handful of baby spinach to the mix.
Wild rice, kidney beans, mushrooms, corn — this recipe is loaded with veggies. Smoked paprika and herbes de Provence add interesting flavors in this dish based on the blogger's memories of living in Turkey. Home » Vegetarian Mains » Easy Vegan Stuffed Bell Peppers. You can cook Vegan stuffed peppers and mushrooms using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan stuffed peppers and mushrooms
- It’s 4 of large peppers.
- It’s 8 of portobello mushrooms.
- Prepare 150 g of quinoa (variation of your choice).
- Prepare 250 g of sliced mushrooms (any kind- I used white closed cup).
- You need 2 of large tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of medium brown onions.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic (minced).
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare Half of tsp cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s Half of tsp cayenne pepper (or more if you like it hot).
- You need of Violife vegan cheese substitute (I like this because it melts).
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
Fresh, homegrown bell peppers baked with an assortment of veggies and brown rice is what these easy vegan stuffed bell peppers are all about!! Fresh portobello mushrooms are stuffed with roasted red peppers, spinach, breadcrumbs, and tangy vegan feta cheese. It's a healthy vegan recipe that's Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Place the mushrooms stem-side up on a baking sheet.
Vegan stuffed peppers and mushrooms step by step
- Rinse the quinoa well and put in a pan with 400ml of water and some salt, bring to the boil then turn down to simmer for 20 minutes.
- While the quinoa is boiling you can dice the onions, add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a pan and begin frying the onion with the minced garlic on a medium heat.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C, Slice the mushrooms and add to the pan of onion and garlic after frying for 5-10 minutes.
- Add your 2 diced tomatoes to your frying pan and cook until tender.
- Drain off the excess water from your quinoa and add to the frying pan with the rest of your ingredients and mix well.
- Add your spices, mixing as you go, as well as some salt and pepper to taste.
- Have a taste of the mix and add more salt or spice if you feel it needs.
- Cut off the head of your peppers and remove all of the seeds and white insides and remove the stalks of the mushroom (keep these as you can enjoy them seperately).
- Stuff your peppers and mushrooms with your quinoa mix and place on a baking tray, drizzle with a tbsp of olive oil.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes to allow peppers and mushrooms to cook.
- Grate your vegan cheese and top your peppers and mushrooms with cheese, place in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, serve and enjoy!.
Stuffed Peppers Vegetarian Recipes on Yummly Stuffed Peppers, Mexican Black Bean & Cheese Stuffed Peppers, Vegan Red Beans And Rice Stuffed Peppers. Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers with Brown RiceEveryday healthy recipes. olive oil, chickpeas, mature cheddar cheese, brown rice, garlic. These vegan stuffed peppers are the best way to fancy up some peppers that there is! Stuffed with black beans, corn, rice and a delicious cheesy cashew sauce this is what dinner dreams are made of!