creamy spinach, bacon wrapped chicken breasts.
You can have creamy spinach, bacon wrapped chicken breasts using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of creamy spinach, bacon wrapped chicken breasts
- It’s of ingredients.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 3 of green onions.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shreaded pepperjack cheese or parmasean.
- It’s 1 pinch of pepper.
- You need 1 packages of 8oz bag spinach.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic minced.
- Prepare 4 of bonless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 12 of strips of bacon of choice.
creamy spinach, bacon wrapped chicken breasts instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Take each chicken breast and pound flat to 1/2" thickness. Optional, but you can marinade breasts a couple of hours prior to flattening them. Place in a bag with 1 cup of buttermilk or milk and tablespoon of lemon juice..
- Put the spinach in a large bowl and put in microwave for 2-3 minutes or until wilted..
- After spinach is done combine sour cream, cream cheese, parmasean or pepperjack cheese, minced garlic, sliced green onions, and pepper in same bowl as spinach. Mix well..
- Fry bacon or microwave strips for 5 minutes. You don't want to cook to long as it will cook the rest of the way in oven..
- Take the spinach, sour cream etc mixture and place spoonfuls of it in the center of each flattened chicken breast. You should use all the mixture..
- Fold each chicken breast over and take 3 bacon strips to wrap chicken breast together with mixture in the middle. Use a few tooth picks to secure..
- Place chicken breasts in a glass oven safe dish. I lined the dish with tin foil before placing them in. Makes clean up easier..
- Place in oven 375°F for 35 minutes uncovered. After that If you desire bacon even more crispy put oven on broil for 2 minutes..
- Take out of oven and let cool for couple minutes take toothpicks out and enjoy with some fresh cooked veggies or a salad. Hope you enjoy!!!.