Green Chillies Pickle 'Zasar Pima".
You can have Green Chillies Pickle 'Zasar Pima" using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Green Chillies Pickle 'Zasar Pima"
- You need 250 gms of Finger green chillies.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of Pickle spices (Brinda's own spice blend).
- It’s 2 Tbs of Coarse salt at least.
- You need of Sugar to balance the flavours.
- Prepare 1/2 of Lemon or lime – cut into strip.
- It’s 2 cloves of Garlic – thinly sliced.
- It’s of Vegetable or Rapeseed oil or Mustard oil.
- It’s 2 Tbs of Cider vinegar.
Green Chillies Pickle 'Zasar Pima" step by step
- Wash the chilli in cold water. Drain them well on a paper towel. Making sure they are nice and dry..
- Cut the chilli into small pieces. You can do that by wearing gloves. (Cautious)..
- Add plenty of coarse salt, 1-2 Tbs sugar to the chopped chillies, this will start the pickling process. Add the lemon to it. Leave covered on the table top for at least 1 hour..
- Prepare the spices, in a small bowl add the spice mix. Add a little water, vinegar and mix into a paste..
- After the chillies had been pickled in the salt, drain them removing any excess water..
- Now lets bring the flavours together. Heat some oil in a pan, turn the heat completely down or turn it off if you have to..
- Add the sliced garlic and pickle spice mix to the hot oil. As it sizzle in the hot oil, add the chillies and mix all. Turn the heat back on just for a few minutes to warm all the ingredients together..
- Adjust oil and vinegar, add more if it looks too dry. Remember you do need the liquid to accentuate the flavours and for the pickling process to continue..
- Once cool down, transfer into an airtight container and leave to pickle..
- This will keep for months in the fridge or a cool larder. Makes a great condiment that can be enjoyed anytime..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.