Pearl Barley Mushroom Risotto.
You can have Pearl Barley Mushroom Risotto using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pearl Barley Mushroom Risotto
- You need 200 g of pearl barley,.
- It’s 1 of onion, diced finely,.
- It’s 2 of large cloves garlic, sliced very finely,.
- You need Handful of fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped, few as garnish,.
- You need 8 g of dried Porchini mushrooms, larger broken to smaller pieces,.
- Prepare 1.25 litres of boiling water with 1/2 cube vegetable stock,.
- Prepare 1 of glug of white wine (optional),.
- It’s of Sea salt and cracked black pepper to season,.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable oil,.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of salted butter.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese, to grate over.
Pearl Barley Mushroom Risotto step by step
- Add oil to a large saucepan and warm over a medium heat. Add the onions and a good grind of black pepper and softly cook them until translucent, stirring occasionally, this will take around 6-8 minutes. Add in a good pinch of salt and the garlic and fry for 10-15 seconds until fragrant..
- Add the pearl barley and the white wine and combine everything together well, fry for around a minute whilst stirring to evaporate off the alcohol a little. Add in the dried mushrooms and pour in half a pint of stock (250ml) and stir. Once the stock has almost reduced, pour in another 250ml. Continue to simmer over a medium heat, stirring occasionally..
- Continue this process of reducing down the stock and then adding another 250ml stock until the pearl barley is tender and cooked but still with a gentle bite to it. Right towards the end you may need to turn down the heat a smidge so the liquid reduces slower. Remove from the heat and add in most of the chopped parsley reserving a little as garnish. Add in the butter and gently stir through, to make the risotto beautifully creamy..
- Serve up and garnish with more fresh parsley, salt and pepper to taste and a grating of quality Parmigianino Reggiano cheese. Enjoy! :).
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.