Grilled Aubergine With Asian Style BBQ Sauce Glaze. Super easy grilled Asian eggplant is going to be your new meatless Monday recipe. Eggplants (aubergines) have a real meaty texture and like mushrooms can transform a meat and potato eater into a vegan, well almost. When the Asian eggplants are grilled, they become super tender on the inside, chargrilled and a little crisp on the outside.
This sublimely simple barbecued teriyaki aubergine recipe from Anna Hansen makes a great vegan or vegetarian main dish for a summer barbecue. The marinade is comprised of an unforgettable combination of teriyaki sauce, chilli oil, double fermented soy sauce and tangy tamarind paste for an umami-rich explosion of flavour. Combine the Miso Glaze ingredients and whisk to combine and remove lumps. You can have Grilled Aubergine With Asian Style BBQ Sauce Glaze using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled Aubergine With Asian Style BBQ Sauce Glaze
- Prepare 1 of aubergine, cut long length (make 4 slices).
- You need of Drizzle of olive oil.
- Prepare of Homemade bbq sauce.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Some Coriander and chilli for garnish.
- You need of Asian style BBQ sauce.
- It’s 5 tbsp of light soysauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of white vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of or Coke (or Pepsi or lemonade or soda water).
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s of Corn flour water (mix 1 tbsp corn flour with 3-4 tbsp water and mix well).
Brush the cut side of each eggplant with the oil. Stir together the hoisin sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and chili. Slather the marinade over and toss well to coat. Warm up your grill and brush with the oil.
Grilled Aubergine With Asian Style BBQ Sauce Glaze step by step
- To make bbq sauce, add soysauce, sugar, garlic, vinegar and Coke in a saucepan, turn on medium heat and stirring well until all dissolved and sauce starts thicken up. Lower the heat to low heat and add corn flour water, mix well until saice combine and thicken up even more. Turn heat off..
- Cut up aubergine and score both sides, seasoning with salt and pepper on both sides..
- On medium heat griddle pan, add some olive oil, add aubergine in and fry for a few min then turn over, fry the other side for a few more minutes..
- Turn on grill on 180c, lay your fried aubergine on the baking tray, brush your bbq sauce on the surface of aubergine on both side. Put on grill for about 10 minutes..
- Garnish with coriander and chilli, I served mine with salad but you can slice them up and have with wrap, sandwich or mix in with salad as well..
- Note : BBQ sauce is so tasty, you can make it in big batch and keep in the fridge..
Brush one side of each slice with the soy mixture. Grease the surface of the grill. Place slices, glaze side down on grill. In a large bowl mix together the vegetable oil, ginger, soy sauce, sesame seed oil and rice vinegar. In a small saucepan, mix the vinegar, honey, tamari, and ginger.