Chicken, leek and mushroom pie.
You can have Chicken, leek and mushroom pie using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken, leek and mushroom pie
- You need 1 of onion finely chopped.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic crushed.
- It’s 2 of large chicken breasts cut into chunks.
- Prepare 1 of leek sliced.
- You need 250 g of mushrooms quartered.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh thyme.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 3 tbsp of creme fraiche.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 170 ml of stock (veg or chicken).
- You need 1 tsp of cornflour.
- You need 1 tbsp of flat leaf parsley chopped.
- You need 1 of roll puff pastry.
- You need 1 of egg beaten.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
Chicken, leek and mushroom pie instructions
- Heat a tbsp oli over a medium heat in a heavy based pot and fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Then add the leek and fry for another 3-4 minutes until starting to soften..
- Add the chunks of chicken and toss for one minute, then add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the bay leaves, thyme, Dijon mustard and creme fraiche and stir. Then add the stock and the cornflour dissolved in a tiny bit of water. (I had a bit of leftover broccoli which I threw in too so as not to waste it). Cool everything in the liquid for 2 minutes until the sauce thickens a little. Then transfer into a pie dish..
- Leave the mixture to cool for 10-15 minutes and preheat the over to 180 degrees centigrade..
- Top the pie dish and filling with the pastry. Decorate or not. Prick a few holes in the pastry to let the steam Escape and brush the top with the beaten egg (this is what makes it golden).
- After 30 minutes in the oven (or when the pastry is beautifully golden), remove, serve and enjoy..