Chicken, leek and mushroom pie.
You can have Chicken, leek and mushroom pie using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken, leek and mushroom pie
- You need 1 of onion finely chopped.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic crushed.
- It’s 2 of large chicken breasts cut into chunks.
- Prepare 1 of leek sliced.
- You need 250 g of mushrooms quartered.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh thyme.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 3 tbsp of creme fraiche.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 170 ml of stock (veg or chicken).
- You need 1 tsp of cornflour.
- You need 1 tbsp of flat leaf parsley chopped.
- You need 1 of roll puff pastry.
- You need 1 of egg beaten.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
Chicken, leek and mushroom pie instructions
- Heat a tbsp oli over a medium heat in a heavy based pot and fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Then add the leek and fry for another 3-4 minutes until starting to soften..
- Add the chunks of chicken and toss for one minute, then add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the bay leaves, thyme, Dijon mustard and creme fraiche and stir. Then add the stock and the cornflour dissolved in a tiny bit of water. (I had a bit of leftover broccoli which I threw in too so as not to waste it). Cool everything in the liquid for 2 minutes until the sauce thickens a little. Then transfer into a pie dish..
- Leave the mixture to cool for 10-15 minutes and preheat the over to 180 degrees centigrade..
- Top the pie dish and filling with the pastry. Decorate or not. Prick a few holes in the pastry to let the steam Escape and brush the top with the beaten egg (this is what makes it golden).
- After 30 minutes in the oven (or when the pastry is beautifully golden), remove, serve and enjoy..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.