Sweet potato and mushroom fishcake, served with quinoa, mixed veggies and home made tartar sauce.
You can cook Sweet potato and mushroom fishcake, served with quinoa, mixed veggies and home made tartar sauce using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet potato and mushroom fishcake, served with quinoa, mixed veggies and home made tartar sauce
- Prepare 400 g of sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks.
- You need 1 handful of mushroom chopped to small pieces.
- Prepare 380 g of cod fillets.
- Prepare 20 g of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander.
- It’s 1 tsp of chilly flake (optional).
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian herb mix.
- You need of salt & pepper.
- You need 350 g of flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 150 g of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
Sweet potato and mushroom fishcake, served with quinoa, mixed veggies and home made tartar sauce instructions
- We start with cooking the potatoes in boiling salted water until soft. Poach the cod fillets in enough water to just about cover the fillets. simmer until cooked through and flaky.(About 8 minutes)..
- Once the potatoes are cooked remove from heat and let it cool slightly. Mix in the butter, coriander and all other seasoning, mashing with a fork until light and fluffy..
- When the cod has cooked through, remove from the pan and allow to cool a little. Flake into the mash add the mushroom and mix until evenly distributed..
- With floured hands, shape the fish cake mixture into 8 even-sized patties and set aside. Prepare 3 separate dishes 1 for flour, one for beaten egg and one for the breadcrumbs. Coat the fish cakes in each first in the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Arrange the coated fishcakes on a oiled baking tray and chill for 40 minutes..
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, brush over each cake with olive oil until generously coated, then bake in the oven for 25 -30 minutes, or until cooked through an golden crispy on top. Serve with salad as a starter, or with quinoa & mixed vegetables for a light main course. Enjoy.