Brad's bacon wrapped beer battered Ling cod. BC Chef Alessandro Vianello shows us his simple recipe for Beer Battered Ling Cod using locally sourced and ethically caught Ling Cod and their own craft beer brewed… Beer-Battered Halibut. All our seafood comes from Tony and Heather's certified sustainable fishery operation where they fish from their own boat named "the Oly" in Alaska. Wrap each brat bite in a half slice of bacon and secure with skewer.
Bacon + Beer + Deep Frying + Hard-boiled Eggs = Awesome. I used two cans of beer instead of three and that was plenty. Bacon Wrapped Beer Brats are ready to eat. You can have Brad's bacon wrapped beer battered Ling cod using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's bacon wrapped beer battered Ling cod
- Prepare 2 lbs of cod filets. Portioned.
- It’s of Thin strips of bacon.
- Prepare of For the batter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cornmeal.
- It’s 1 tbs of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of each, dry mustard, white pepper, smoked paprika.
- Prepare 12 Oz of beer. Lager or pilsner.
- It’s of Other ingredients.
- Prepare of Oil for deep frying.
- Prepare of Tooth picks.
- Prepare of Tartar sauce.
Fire up the grill for this recipe with juicy beer brats wrapped in bacon, grilled to perfection, smothered in an easy-to-make spicy sauce made with tomato and fiery habanero peppers. Bacon-Wrapped, Stout-Battered Onion Rings Make You a Better Person. Dredge onion rings in flour, shake off excess, and dip in beer batter. Spiral slices of bacon around each onion ring to completely wrap it (you may need several slices depending on the size of the onion).
Brad's bacon wrapped beer battered Ling cod instructions
- Portion cod into serving sized pieces. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Let sit a couple minutes..
- Heat oil in fryer to 360 degrees..
- Mix dry ingredients for batter. Slowly mix in beer, preferably left open for an hour so it is less carbonated..
- Use an entire strip of bacon to completely wrap piece of fish. Secure with a tooth pick..
- Dip fish in batter. Coat completely. Let excess drip off. Slowly dip in hot oil. Cook 5-6 minutes. Flip over once..
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with tartar sauce. Enjoy.
- Don't forget to remove the toothpick..
View top rated Best baked beer batter for ling cod recipes with ratings and reviews. Well, this recipe for bacon-wrapped black cod with spinach and capers checks all the boxes. Serve the bacon-wrapped cod over the spinach, garnished with capers. But Ling buttermilk beer-battered and fried in peanut oil is tough to beat for fish and chips! ScottMalv and I used to catch Ling frequently out of Depot Small boiled potatoes with finely chopped chives and lots of butter go well with lingcod if you want a nice side dish.