Mushroom and lentil pâté.
You can cook Mushroom and lentil pâté using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mushroom and lentil pâté
- Prepare 250 g of mushrooms (i used chestnut) chopped.
- It’s 8-10 of dried mushrooms soaked in warm water.
- Prepare 150 g of red lentils.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of celery stick.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 sprig of thyme leaves.
- Prepare Half of a packet of cooked chestnuts.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon zested and juiced.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil (plus extra for frying).
Mushroom and lentil pâté instructions
- Soak the dried mushrooms for at least 20 mins in warm water. Then drain the liquid into a jug (this is the start of your stock) squeezing the moisture out of the mushrooms. Finely chop the mushrooms set aside..
- Top the jug of mushroom liquid up to 375ml and add to a saucepan with the bay leaves and lentils. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes, until the lentils are cooked. Set aside to cool..
- Meanwhile finely chop the onion, garlic and celery And gently fry off in a pan with the soaked mushrooms and thyme leaves. Then add the fresh mushrooms and fry until soft..
- Once cooked, set aside to cool, before putting in a blender with the chestnuts. Blitz until finely chopped..
- Then stir into the cooked lentils with the lemon zest, Lemon juice and 2 tbsp olive oil. Once mixed, put in the fridge to solidify slightly. Serve with whatever you fancy..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.