Mushroom and lentil pâté.
You can cook Mushroom and lentil pâté using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mushroom and lentil pâté
- Prepare 250 g of mushrooms (i used chestnut) chopped.
- It’s 8-10 of dried mushrooms soaked in warm water.
- Prepare 150 g of red lentils.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of celery stick.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 sprig of thyme leaves.
- Prepare Half of a packet of cooked chestnuts.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon zested and juiced.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil (plus extra for frying).
Mushroom and lentil pâté instructions
- Soak the dried mushrooms for at least 20 mins in warm water. Then drain the liquid into a jug (this is the start of your stock) squeezing the moisture out of the mushrooms. Finely chop the mushrooms set aside..
- Top the jug of mushroom liquid up to 375ml and add to a saucepan with the bay leaves and lentils. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes, until the lentils are cooked. Set aside to cool..
- Meanwhile finely chop the onion, garlic and celery And gently fry off in a pan with the soaked mushrooms and thyme leaves. Then add the fresh mushrooms and fry until soft..
- Once cooked, set aside to cool, before putting in a blender with the chestnuts. Blitz until finely chopped..
- Then stir into the cooked lentils with the lemon zest, Lemon juice and 2 tbsp olive oil. Once mixed, put in the fridge to solidify slightly. Serve with whatever you fancy..