🍅🍝 Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup 🍅🍝.
You can have 🍅🍝 Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup 🍅🍝 using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 🍅🍝 Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup 🍅🍝
- It’s 900 g of tomatoes, sliced in half.
- Prepare 2 of whole bulbs of garlic, tops sliced off.
- You need 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 4 of large sprigs of thyme, leaves picked off.
- It’s 1 of large onion, finely sliced.
- It’s 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of carrot, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato purée.
- You need 1 litres of vegetable stock.
- Prepare of My homemade crusty bread, to serve.
- Prepare of Extra virgin olive oil, thyme to serve.
🍅🍝 Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup 🍅🍝 step by step
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Lay the tomatoes cut-side up in a large roasting tin and place the garlic bulbs in with them. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle over the thyme leaves and season with sea salt and ground black pepper..
- Place in the oven and roast for 45 minutes or until the tomatoes have shrunk and are slightly caramelised on the outside and the garlic is soft and mushy. Remove from the oven and set aside while you prepare the base of the soup..
- Meanwhile, place a large cooking pot over a high heat and add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the onion, celery and carrot and fry for 1 minute, stirring every now and then. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 6 minutes until tender. Add the tomato purée and stock and bring to a steady simmer..
- Squeeze the cloves from the roasted garlic bulb and add them to the soup, along with the roasted tomatoes and their juices. Simmer for 25 minutes until the carrot is completely tender. Season to taste with sea salt and ground black pepper. Using a hand blender or in a food processor, blitz the soup until completely smooth..
- Serve the soup warm in deep bowls with some crusty bread and drizzle a little extra-virgin olive oil and thyme on the top..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.