Onion Bacon Jam Batch 3.
You can cook Onion Bacon Jam Batch 3 using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Onion Bacon Jam Batch 3
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped onion.
- Prepare 12 ounces of smoked bacon.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 4 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoons of molasses.
- It’s 1/3 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
Onion Bacon Jam Batch 3 step by step
- Heat a skillet. Slice the bacon. Fry the bacon crispy. Remove from skillet and set aside. Keep 3 tablespoons of drippings in the skillet. Reserve the rest of drippings for other recipes..
- Chop the bacon a little bit smaller..
- Chop the onion. Add to the bacon drippings and sauté the onions stirring often. Season with salt..
- While that's on to sauté mix the sugar, molasses, and vinegar. Keep stirring till translucent..
- Add the bacon back with the sugar, vinegar mixture. Let reduce uncovered for 15-20 minutes. Add butter cut into pats. Mix and continue to reduce till nice and thick and sticky..
- When done let rest 15 minutes. Serve on your favorite sandwich, hotdogs, sausage, and so on….. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.