You can cook Mushrooms risotto using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mushrooms risotto
- Prepare 150 g of arborio rice.
- You need 150 g of mixed mushrooms (I use frozen this time of the year to have a variation).
- Prepare 30 g of butter + 10 to 'mantecare' the risotto.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic – not peeled but crushed.
- You need 1/2 of diced shallot – check my tip on how to ease this.
- Prepare 500 ml of stock of your choice.
- You need of Salt and pepper – if required depending on the flavour of the stock.
- Prepare of Fresh chopped parsley.
Mushrooms risotto instructions
- In a frying pan add the 30 g of butter and the crushed garlic, and let melt and flavour. When the butter start sizzling around the garlic, add your mushrooms straight from the freezer and let cook for about 10 minutes. These will be added back few minutes before finishing the dish. Remove the garlic and in the same mushrooms flavoured juices, add the shallot and let soften. Add the rice and let it roast. You will know when this is ready by moving the pan and the rice will sound crunchy..
- From this stage on, start by adding the stock and lower the heat to a medium to low. Do not stir the rice and don't be tempted until later in the cooking progress. You will notice the rice absorbing the liquid, but still keeping separated. Once there is only about 150 ml of stock left, add the mushrooms back to the rice and finish the stock. You can now give it a stir and adjust seasoning if needed more..
- For the mantecatura, take the pan off the heat and add the 10 g butter and any grated cheese of your choice. My preferred option is Parmigiano Reggiano. I served this risotto with the addition of crispy oyster mushrooms coated in a homemade garlic dust. Buon Appetito!.
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.