McPhee's Chinese Beef Mongolian.
You can cook McPhee's Chinese Beef Mongolian using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of McPhee's Chinese Beef Mongolian
- You need 680 g of Beef Strips.
- Prepare 2 of Sweet Bell Peppers – (Finely Sliced lengthways).
- Prepare 1 of White Onion – (Finely Sliced Lenghtways).
- Prepare 4 of Spring Onions – (Sliced into 1/2 inch chunks).
- You need 3 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper – (To Taste).
- You need 50 g of Cornflour.
- It’s of For The Sauce.
- Prepare 120 g of Brown Sugar.
- You need 120 g of Light Soy Sauce.
- You need 50 ml of Water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Rice Vinegar.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Sesame Oil.
- It’s Pinch of Of Chilli Flakes.
- It’s of Spring Onions – (To Garnish).
- It’s 100 g of Spring onions – (diced for the rice).
- Prepare 400 g of Rice – (Any kind of you wish).
McPhee's Chinese Beef Mongolian step by step
- Place the cornflour, salt, pepper and Beef strips into a zip lock bag and close the bag, shake for 2-3 minutes until covered..
- Heat the skillet pan with the vegetable oil on medium heat. Once the pan is hot, place the flour beef strips into the pan, cook for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove the beef from the pan and place into a container, keep warm and set aside..
- Place the sweet bell peppers, white onion and spring onions, cook them for about 5 minutes until soft..
- In a bowl, mix all of the sauce ingredients throughly and add it in the pan and simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce has thicken and sticky.
- Cook the rice as according on the packaging. Drain and rinse the rice throughly. heat the another pan with nothing in it, place the cooked rice and the diced spring onions into the hot pan. mix throughly until piping hot..
- Presentation Tip: – Take some spring onions and neatly trim them top and bottom off and then score the bottom end from the middle to the end (don't cut thought it) and next score the top end at the other side with the same way as the first one, repeat for two cuts. Place the trimmed spring onion into a container with cold water and put into the refridgerator for 10-20 minutes them bloomed like feathers..
- Presentation Tip: – Once the rice is piping hot, pack in the rice into a small serving bowl as tightly as possible for a perfect effect. put the serving plate upside down and turn back over carefully. Then left the small serving bowl off to reveal the perfect shape from the rice..
- Presentation Tip: – Plate up the Beef Mongolian onto the plate beside the shaped rice, but not pile the beef too high because, the customer or guest will not see the rice so presentable and the rice will lose it shape. Finally, finish with a feathered spring onion touching both the beef and the rice in a angle. Enjoy :).
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.