Mushroom and cottage cheese quiche. But quiches are AMAZING, and this is a lightened up version with a lot of vegetables, so (are you with me?) let's bring back the quiche! Which is how many vegetables grow, but the layers in leeks tend to trap dirt, especially in the top parts. This Leek, Mushroom and Goat Cheese Quiche is lightened up.
Love quiche but don't love the carbs that come with it? Look no further, because this crustless Spinach, Mushroom, and Goat Cheese Quiche is everything you've been dreaming of, and more. The main ingredients in these low carb Spinach, Mushroom, and Goat Cheese Quiche include Learn how to make the mushroom and cheese quiche with homemade crispy quiche crust, sautéed onions and mushrooms, gruyere cheese and creamy quiche filling. You can have Mushroom and cottage cheese quiche using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mushroom and cottage cheese quiche
- You need 1 sheet of ready rolled shortcrust pastry.
- It’s 1 of red onion finely chopped.
- You need 2-3 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh thyme leaves.
- Prepare 400 g of mixed mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 handful of spinach (optional).
- It’s of Unsalted butter (or oil) for frying.
- Prepare 100 ml of single cream.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- You need 150 ml of cottage cheese.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- Prepare Handful of finely grated Parmesan cheese.
Spinach, Mushroom & Goat Cheese Quiche. I love savory tarts and pies… and quiches are up there as one of my favorites. See doesn't seem complicated any more right? Here's how you can make quiche… Spinach, Mushroom & Goat Cheese Quiche Recipe.
Mushroom and cottage cheese quiche instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a quiche tin / dish with pastry. Allow a little overhang for shrinkage and piece the base a few times with a fork. Cover with baking paper, add baking beads and blind bake for 15 mins.
- While the pastry is baking, prepare the filling. Add the finely chopped red onion to a frying pan with a knob of butter over a medium – low heat and fry until soft (10ish mins). Then add the garlic and thyme and fry for another 2 mins. Check your pastry and remove from the oven when starting to turn golden..
- Next add the mushrooms to the pan and fry over a medium heat for 10 minutes until the moisture is gone. If you’re using spinach, cover it in boiling water, squeeze out the moisture with your hands and add to the mushrooms (i only added spinach to use it up). Once cooked, season and set aside to cool..
- Then add the cream, cottage cheese and eggs to a jug. Whisk and season..
- Now it’s time to build your quiche. Add the mushroom mix to the pastry case. Then pour over the egg mix. Finally top with a handful of finely grated Parmesan cheese and then bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 25 – 30 mins.
Spinach And Mushroom Cottage Cheese Quiche Belleau Kitchen. Cottage Cheese with Orange Blossom and Caramelized Pistachio Shot-Glass Verrine On dine chez Nanou. This mushroom quiche might look ordinary but will taste amazing once in your mouth! So if you're a mushroom fan you have to try this mushroom quiche. It's gluten free cause there's no base and it's packed with mushrooms and cheese!