Gavros (anchovies) in vinegar. Anchovies (gavros), coarse salt, vinegar, oil, oregano, pepper grains, pimento grains, garlic. Wash the anchovies, remove the innards and the backbone. Lay out the fish in a sieve and put plenty of coarse salt on top.
Place the anchovies in an airproof container, and pour over olive oil (make sure it covers all the fish) with a few slices of garlic and some peppercorns or any other herbs you like. Yummyole shows you how to cook anchovies in vinegar, an tradicional dish from Spain. You can check our website to check more details about it and check more. You can cook Gavros (anchovies) in vinegar using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gavros (anchovies) in vinegar
- It’s of Anchovies (gavros).
- Prepare of Coarse salt.
- It’s of Vinegar.
- Prepare of Oil.
- Prepare of Oregano.
- Prepare of Pepper grains.
- You need of Pimento grains.
- You need of Garlic.
Delicious fresh anchovies marinated in vinegar, olive oil, and garlic is a popular tapa in Spain. Make boquerones en vinagre at home with this recipe. One of our favorite Spanish anchovy recipes is this one, which is for fresh anchovies marinated in vinegar, olive oil, and minced garlic. Cariocas with vanilla. Λαγάνα ολικής με τσίπουρο.
Gavros (anchovies) in vinegar instructions
- Wash the anchovies, remove the innards and the backbone..
- Lay out the fish in a sieve and put plenty of coarse salt on top. If ther's a lot of fish, layer them out placing salt between the layers..
- Let the salted anchovies stand for about 3 hours till they let out all their liquids..
- Rinse the fish and put in a container. Add as much vinegar as needed to cover them..
- Leave the anchovies in the vinegar for about 12 hours, preferably in the fridge..
- When the 12 hours have passed, put them in another container, cover with oil and add the herbs.
- You can serve it the next day, in order to have enough time to absorb the flavours of the herbs..
Gavros (anchovies) in vinegar. Τελευταία Νέα Sintages Pareas. Anchovies Marinated in Vinegar Recipe step by step. This recipe is based on my experience. Im not good at all in the kitchen but the result was better than As a final note, Fresh Anchovies in Vinegar are very well accompanied with green olives and a beer, enjoy them! For more information visit Its local name is "Gávros xidátos mé skórdo" which means "Anchovies with vinegar and garlic".