Creamed Onions and Broccoli.
You can cook Creamed Onions and Broccoli using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamed Onions and Broccoli
- It’s 16 oz of frozen broccoli.
- It’s 14 oz of frozen pearl onions.
- You need 3 cups of shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 of scallion minced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of frozen poblano pepper (use jalapeño if you want some heat).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Franks Red Hot sauce.
Creamed Onions and Broccoli instructions
- In a 4 quart pan add 1 Tbsp oil and 3 Tbsp butter along with the scallions, garlic, Poblano pepper, salt and black pepper. Sauté until soft. (Note: I put the scallions, garlic and peppers into a small food processor to chop them up).
- Whisk in 2 Tbsp flour. Add in the chicken stock, heavy cream, and hot sauce. Bring to a boil and add the onions and broccoli. Cook for 5 minutes..
- Add in cheese and mix well. Taste and add salt, pepper, hot sauce or cheese if needed. Serve and enjoy..
- Below are the frozen vegetables that I used..
- The cheese I used..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.