Simple garlic naan bread.
You can cook Simple garlic naan bread using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple garlic naan bread
- It’s 2 tsp of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/8 cup of lukewarm water.
- You need 2 cups of plains flour (extra for dusting).
- It’s 1/4 of soda bicarbonate.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 80 ml of lukewarm soymilk (or you can use any kind of milk).
- You need 3 tsp of plantbased yogurt, (or you can use any kind of yogurt) you may add more if the dough become too dry.
- You need of Some spray oil.
- Prepare of Garlic coriander butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of finely chopped garlic.
- Prepare 3-4 tbsp of margarine or olive oil (can use butter if prefer).
- You need 3 tbsp of chopped coriander.
- It’s of Some smoked seasalt (optional).
Simple garlic naan bread instructions
- In a small bowl, add yeast, sugar and lukewarm water and mix well. Leave it foe 10 minutes..
- While waiting for yeast to activate, let’s mix the dry ingredients together by add flour, bicarbonate soda and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Mix well..
- In another measure jug, add some warm milk and yogurt in, mix well. The. Add the milk mixture into the yeast mixture. Stir until all combine..
- Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Start mixing it in the bowl and once form to dough, transfer to the dusting surface and knead it for a few min or until your dough turn smooth and not stick to your hand..
- Place the dough in an oiled mixing bowl, cover with cling film or damp tea towel. Leave it for about 2 hours..
- Making garlic and coriander butter by adding them together. If you use margarine or butter, melt it in the microwave for 15-30 sec..
- After 2 hours resting, take the dough out onto a dusting surface and cut your dough into portions. I cur it into 4 portions but you can make it smaller size. Then roll them into ball shape and using rolling pin roll it out nice and thin..
- Place you naan on a medium heat non stick griddle pan or pan and let it cook on one side for 3-5 min then flip over. Use the pastry brush and brush the garlic and coriander butter on the surface of your naan..