Nigerian Kale Stew.
You can cook Nigerian Kale Stew using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nigerian Kale Stew
- It’s 1 jar of Obe-Ata available online on www.toyinskitchen.co.
- It’s 1 of large clove garlic minced.
- It’s 1 of Maggi cube or veg stock cube your choice to taste.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 teaspoon of curry powder.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of water.
- You need 1 of medium red onion.
- You need 3 cups of kale blanched.
- You need 1 of cooking spoon olive or vegetable oil.
Nigerian Kale Stew instructions
- Fry onions until soft then add 2 tablespoons of water to soften onions more and release the flavour.
- Pour in your jar of Obe-Ata from Toyin's Kitchen. Remember ! Shake jar first before opening as your Obe-Ata is 100% natural and free from thickening agents and stabilizers. After pouring in your Obe-Ata fill quarter of the jar with water and rinse to your stew..
- Add your choice of seasoning to suit your taste. Obe-Ata does not have any added salt, oil or any other seasoning. At Toyin's Kitchen we want the cook to in control and Obe-Ata puts you in control! You decide how much seasoning you would like. Tip! Garlic or basil are great natural taste enhancers to that go so well with Obe-Ata. For this Kale Stew I used 1 maggi cube, 1 ripped bay leaf and 1 teaspoon of curry powder for taste..
- Rinse Kale and blanch in microwave for 1 minute. Drain any excess liquid then add to stew. Lower heat and serve with yam, sweet potatoes or rice and plantain…like I did..
- Thank you for watching this video of how to make Nigerian Kale Stew. If you want to order Obe-Ata from Toyin's Kitchen you can do so by visiting our online shop. Happy Cooking!.