Nigerian Kale Stew.
You can cook Nigerian Kale Stew using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nigerian Kale Stew
- It’s 1 jar of Obe-Ata available online on www.toyinskitchen.co.
- It’s 1 of large clove garlic minced.
- It’s 1 of Maggi cube or veg stock cube your choice to taste.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 teaspoon of curry powder.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of water.
- You need 1 of medium red onion.
- You need 3 cups of kale blanched.
- You need 1 of cooking spoon olive or vegetable oil.
Nigerian Kale Stew instructions
- Fry onions until soft then add 2 tablespoons of water to soften onions more and release the flavour.
- Pour in your jar of Obe-Ata from Toyin's Kitchen. Remember ! Shake jar first before opening as your Obe-Ata is 100% natural and free from thickening agents and stabilizers. After pouring in your Obe-Ata fill quarter of the jar with water and rinse to your stew..
- Add your choice of seasoning to suit your taste. Obe-Ata does not have any added salt, oil or any other seasoning. At Toyin's Kitchen we want the cook to in control and Obe-Ata puts you in control! You decide how much seasoning you would like. Tip! Garlic or basil are great natural taste enhancers to that go so well with Obe-Ata. For this Kale Stew I used 1 maggi cube, 1 ripped bay leaf and 1 teaspoon of curry powder for taste..
- Rinse Kale and blanch in microwave for 1 minute. Drain any excess liquid then add to stew. Lower heat and serve with yam, sweet potatoes or rice and plantain…like I did..
- Thank you for watching this video of how to make Nigerian Kale Stew. If you want to order Obe-Ata from Toyin's Kitchen you can do so by visiting our online shop. Happy Cooking!.
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.