Smoky Red Pepper Chilli Chicken:.
You can have Smoky Red Pepper Chilli Chicken: using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoky Red Pepper Chilli Chicken:
- It’s 1 of whole chicken, broken down.
- Prepare 2 of Red bell peppers (Capsicums).
- Prepare 1 of medium whole red onion.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 3 tsp of Sriracha sauce.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of salt to taste.
Smoky Red Pepper Chilli Chicken: instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F – 180°C Place the bell peppers directly onto a high flame on your stove or burner. Turn it ensuring it becomes charcoal black all over. Don’t be scared to make it really black. Remove from heat, place in a bowl or container and cover until cool enough to handle. Using your hands, simply rub away the burnt skin, it should peel off easily. Remove the core, seeds and scrape away any remaining seeds. Cut into rough pieces ready for blending..
- To a food processor, add the roasted capsicums, peeled roughly cut red onion, honey, minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, smoked paprika, other chilli paste, olive oil and season with salt. Blend all ingredients into a smooth paste. Add a little more oil if it does not blend properly..
- Breakdown your chicken into pieces keeping the bones including the breastbone. Score the skin several times using a sharp knife..
- Pour the chilli mixture into your baking pan and smother the chicken pieces in the chili mixture using your hands, spread the mixture so it coats all the chicken pieces evenly. Place roasting pan and roast for 50 minutes at 350°F – 180°C or until the chicken is nicely cooked. If you see a little burnt black on some pieces, that’s perfect, it’s supposed to have some black on it for that BBQ flavour..