Bread and mushroom sauce.
You can have Bread and mushroom sauce using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bread and mushroom sauce
- It’s 1 slice of bread.
- You need 150 g of mushrooms – washed and chopped.
- It’s 1 of chopped shallot.
- It’s of Small glass of white wine.
- It’s 300 ml of home made stock, or from a stock cube.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
Bread and mushroom sauce instructions
- Preheat oven to 200. Break up the bread and toast in the oven for about 8 mins. Set a side. Cook onion gently in olive oil until soft. Add mushrooms and turn up the heat.
- Now add the wine and let it evaporate. Now add the bread and stock and simmer for about 2-3 mins.
- When bread has broken down, whizz up using a hand blender. Season to taste and simmer for another 8-10 mins to thicken.
- Serve and enjoy.