Tofu tuna substitute.
You can cook Tofu tuna substitute using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tofu tuna substitute
- It’s 2 cans of braised tofu.
- You need 10 g of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 of lemon juice.
- You need 4 g of nori.
- You need 1 tsp of omega 3 oil (optional).
Tofu tuna substitute instructions
- Drain the tofu and add the contents to a large bowl. If you haven’t come across braised tofu before here’s the brand I use..
- You want to achieve a flake like consistency- similar to canned tuna. I find it helpful to start with scissors before moving on to a fork. Using the back of the fork press down on the tofu to create the flakes..
- Once you’re happy with the consistency, add the rice vinegar and nori. Any nori works- even sheets if you cut/rip it in to tiny pieces. You can also use sprinkles..
- If using omega 3 oil, add this in now too. I have these capsules which are a bit of a pain as you need to split the capsule to get to the oil and it almost always goes everywhere but the bowl. It’s worth it though- nutritional benefits aside it adds an undeniable taste of the sea!.
- Mix well! This is now ready to go. I’ve used it in stir fries, pizza toppings, stews. You name it. Enjoy!.
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.