Tomato and chilli chutney. Traditionally tomato chutney was made by crushing roasted tomatoes, garlic, chilies, tamarind, cumin seeds and salt in a mortar pestle. Tempering tomato chutney with mustard, curry leaves & red chilli takes it to a new level and adds aroma. However if you are diet conscious you can skip it.
Add the tomatoes and blitz until finely chopped. Pour the mixture into a saucepan and add the sugar, cider vinegar and the spices. A remake on another recipe, this has a slight kick, for the type of person that would not buy items that contains stack loads of chilli's. You can cook Tomato and chilli chutney using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tomato and chilli chutney
- You need 250 g of red onions, finely sliced.
- You need 500 g of tomatoes, chopped.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, finely sliced.
- Prepare 8 of red chilli's, roughly chopped. Maybe more.
- Prepare 1/2 of thumb size piece of ginger. Peeled and chopped.
- It’s 125 g of brown sugar.
- Prepare 150 ml of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of paprika. Maybe more.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom ground from pods or 5 cardamom seeds.
Delicious & easy chili garlic tomato chutney. This is so much better than the store bought chili sauce. राजस्थान की प्रसिद्ध टमाटर – लाल मिर्च की चटनी – Tomato Red Chilli Chutney recipe in Marwadi. Vahchef is very fond of cooking and her Recipes are very unique and fit for busy women specially working womenChutney make an important part of meal in. Smoky Tomato Chilli Chutney is spicy, sweet.
Tomato and chilli chutney step by step
- Place all of your ingredients into a large, heavy-based pan and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally..
- Simmer for 1 hour..
- Using a handheld blender, blend all of the ingredients, but not so much that it becomes a puree..
- After simmering, bring to a gentle boil so that the mixture turns dark, jammy and shiny..
- Place into sterilized jars and place in the fridge for the night. Mine has turned out ok, maybe slightly sweeter than spicy so will ammend accordingly next time 🤗.
Its addictive smokiness comes from a generous amount of Spanish paprika. Delicious and versatile, you'll love it not just with cheese and crackers, but with kebabs, burgers and more. Similar Recipes, Carrot Chutney Vegetable Chutney Onion Tomato Chutney Coconut Chilli Chutney Onion Chutney Chilli Garlic Chutney Beetroot Chutney. Pour the chutney into the jars. Try this green tomato chutney that's perfect with cold meats and cheese boards.