Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Tart.
You can cook Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Tart using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Tart
- It’s 1 of frozen puff pastry sheet.
- It’s 2 of white onions.
- Prepare of Olive oil or butter (for sautéing).
- You need of Kosher salt.
- You need of Ground black pepper.
- It’s 5 ounces of goat cheese.
- It’s 5 tablespoons of soy milk (or any milk).
- You need 3 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Basil or arugula (for topping).
- It’s of Balsamic glaze (for drizzling).
Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Tart instructions
- Defrost frozen puff pastry in refrigerator..
- Slice onions finely..
- Heat olive oil or butter in large frying pan at medium low. Add onions. Season with salt and pepper. Cook covered, stirring often, until caramelized (45 minutes). Do not let burn. Let cool..
- In a small bowl combine goat cheese and milk..
- Pre-heat oven to 400F..
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the parchment paper. Carefully untoll the defrosted puff pastry over the grated cheese. Using a knife, make a slight cut 1/2 inch from the borders all around the pastry sheet without cutting through. Always keep puff pastry as cool as possible and handle it as little as possible..
- Pierce pastry lightly with a fork to make small holes that will let steam escape during baking. Place a piece of parchment paper within cuts. Put pie weights on top and par-bake for 6 minutes. Remove from oven. Remove weights and peel top parchment paper. Return pastry to oven for 3 minutes. Remove..
- Spread goat cheese within cut borders. Top with cooled caramelized onions..
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven. Peel bottom parchment paper..
- Add basil or arugula, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.