Sea scallops in tomato onion soup. Bay scallops (on the left) are small in size and are best used in a soup, stew or pasta dish. Heat a tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan. Add the tomato and onion and saute for five minutes.
Hi, this is a really simple quick soup. Only takes minutes to prepare but it is super healthy. I hope you will like it. You can have Sea scallops in tomato onion soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sea scallops in tomato onion soup
- It’s 1/2 lb of wild caught sea scallops.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of wild caught shrimps.
- You need 2 lbs of organic vine ripen tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 cups of diced potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 of largest onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 of celery sticks.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of Non filtered extra virgin Olive oil.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Finishing herb of your choice.
It is also a winner without the scallops and if you grow your own tomatoes, you can use the softer tomatoes and the flavor should be even better. To serve, pour the chilled soup into shallow bowls. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Made with sea scallops and large shrimp, this Italian-style soup is elegant enough for company but quick enough for a weeknight.
Sea scallops in tomato onion soup step by step
- Make the tomatoes base first by sauté diced tomatoes in olive oil. Add salt and simmer for a few minutes until red juice come out. Set aside..
- In the heated wok, sear egg washed scallops on both sides until set and set them aside..
- Sautée diced onion, potatoes and celery until aromatic. Season them with salt and pepper..
- Transfer the sauteed veggies into a large soup pot. Add the tomato base now. Pour in two cups of white wine or homemade seafood broth. Bring it to a boil and reduce it to simmer and cook for about 10 minutes until the potatoes are very soft and the soup is thickened..
How would you rate Sauted Scallops with Cherry Tomatoes, Green Onions, and Parsley? Great way to use the abundance of cherry tomatoes in the summer garden. When tomatoes are soft, purée soup in a food processor and return to saucepan. In a small saucepan, add scallops, wine, bay leaf and reserved chicken stock and bring to a rapid simmer on medium high heat then turn heat to low and cook until scallops. Pan-Seared Sea Scallops on Red Onion Marmalade.